Home Contacts | Vet Search | What's New Preservation | Restoration | Wish List | Film Location | Radio Room | Post History | Links | facebook


What's New at the Fort MacArthur Museum?
 
In November 2005 the Fort MacArthur Museum took another giant leap forward in our efforts to expand our coast artillery motor vehicle collection with the delivery of the first of several new additions.

Our new WC-56 command car is a great step forward in reaching the museums goal of representing the types of vehicles that once served at the fort.

These types of four wheel drive vehicles were used for battlefield recognizance, transportation, and as a mobile communications platform and we have a great number of archival pictures showing them in use.
 

Yesterdays News

    1942 Dodge WC-56 Command Car

    1918 Dodge Brothers light repair truck
    Museum receives a 1942 GE searchlight
    1941 Sperry Searchlight "Ready for Action"
    The first M2 height finder is restored
    Power room muffler replacement
    Museum mascot "Farley" killed in attack

 


Home Contacts | Vet Search | What's New Preservation | Restoration | Wish List | Education | Radio Room | Post History | Links | facebook


Content 1994 - 2013 The Fort MacArthur Museum Association. This web site has been prepared and is maintained by the Fort MacArthur Museum Association. We welcome email asking for additional museum and historical information. Comments or suggestions concerning this web site should be addressed to the webmaster. The opinions expressed in Fort MacArthur Association publications are those of the Fort MacArthur Museum Association, contributors, and members. They do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks or any individuals employed by any department of the City of Los Angeles.